Thursday 3 November 2011

Fabric hangers

I know that I just posted yesterday about de-cluttering* but these were given to me by my mum at the weekend before the challenge started :)

I love fabric hangers and hope one day to replace all of my hangers to fabric covered ones - my clothes hang better and they are just pretty :) My mum grabbed these one from work for me - she works in a care home and they were throwing them out! The following hangers are my favourite.




Does anyone know how this last green one is made? Is it crochet or knitting or some sort of knotty magic? I have another like this already and would quite like to make some more but only if it's made by knotty magic - I can't do the crochet/knitting bit!

*but I will be giving the plastic hangers to the charity shop so that's ok right?

7 comments:

theothermousie said...

We have some lovely fabric hangers all made by my late mother-in-law, they're really old - but adored! We have a knotty one too - but not sure how she made it either. Love yours - they are gorgeous x

WendyCarole said...

I don't know how the knotty one was made either but I have one too. Ina rather pale insipid blue, your green one is muc nicer.

Unknown said...

I love fabric hangers , I recently got some from my mum too .

dropstitch said...

Has anybody told you it's November now? You've gone blog crazy, woman! I love fabric hangers too, but there's probably not enough room for them in my jam-packed wardrobe... I was so tempted to take on the November declutter challenge (much needed) but think I am finding life in general challenging enough so have decided to cut myself some slack. I think the green hanger looks knitted, maybe, but I couldn't be sure. Hope you find out how to make them.

louisa @ TheReallyGoodLife said...

It's hard to tell but the green one looks a bit like knitting - garter stitch (knit every row) turned on its side maybe...

Anna said...

I think the green one is knitted. Garter stitch worked widthways? Something like that.

Sheeprustler said...

I would also say that the green one is knitted in garter stitch in something thick.