Monday 7 November 2011

Birdcage Vintage

If you follow me on Twitter then you have probably seen me talking about an exciting new stockist I have called Birdcage Vintage. It's in Skipton up towards the Castle, is a few doors up from the Oxfam Bookshop and is next to a pottery cafe which is called Coffee and Clay (I think that's what it's called anyway!)

Voila!


It was the 'Grand Opening' of the shop on Saturday and we went along just after lunch. It was very busy inside and lots of people were stopping outside to have a look to see what it was all about.


My things (chicken pincushions, envelopes, gift tags and cards) are in or on this gorgeous cabinet.


Chickens in a basket!


My cards and envelopes. As I say it was the grand opening yesterday although the shop has actually been open for about two weeks. My cards and envelopes are doing so well that I was asked yesterday to make some more for them :) :) It was so busy inside that I couldn't get photographs of everything - I had to wait a while just to get these!

P.S. You should check out the Facebook Group for Birdcage Vintage as it's not just a vintage/crafty shop. It's also a community interest company backed by Behind Closed Doors Yorkshire which is a charity providing support to those whose lives have been affected by domestic abuse. So well worth a visit if you are in the area.

3 comments:

MysteriousCats Amigurumi Patterns said...

What a lovely shop to have your products! :)

WinnibriggsHouse said...

That does look exciting. Will have to look it up next time we are in the area. Good Luck with your sales!

purplestevie said...

I saw this shop a week or two ago (not open then) I shall have to have a look, maybe on Saturday.