Friday 22 July 2011

Teacher presents

First up - the photo's are horrid but they were taken at 7pm in a dark kitchen when it was chucking it down outside! You'll get the general idea anyway!

This year for the presents for the girls teachers we* made a nice little selection of jam, lemon curd and chutney. The girls had a hand in the process from start to finish including picking the raspberries, squeezing the lemons, weighing and measuring, helping Daddy to stir the finished products to decorating the bags.





There are 3 products (raspberry jam, lemon curd and mango & apricot chutney) and each teacher gets two 'tester' pots of each one.

The girls decorated some takeaway bags (they are very useful) and here are a selection of those bags!




And Tara wrote a very cute message to her teacher.


Just in case you can't decipher 5 year olds handwriting it says 'To Mrs Flynn, Have a nice time eating these things. From Tara' Cute or what?

*and I mean Matt - he did all the hard work and I took the photographs :)

7 comments:

theothermousie said...

Ha - gorgeous! I bet their teachers will adore them! Clever girls (oh and Matt...). The bags are so sweet too.

We made bookmarks this year.

Enjoy the summer hols too xx

CurlyPops said...

Yuuuum! I love home made jam - especially rasberry. That's the best!
Now I have a craving... might need to make some toast purely so I can have jam on it!

Twiggy said...

how lovely, beats a No.1 teacher mug anyday !!
twiggy x

WendyCarole said...

what great presents

Gill Edwards said...

I wish i'd thought of something as lovely as that when my son was younger.
Hi, nice to meet you, i found you via the lovely theothermousie who i follow on Twitter.

Tweed Thoughts said...

What lovely gifts - wish I was their teacher, hehe :)

teri said...

Fabulous idea! So much more useful than the many cups and "best teacher" ornaments I've received over the years.