Wednesday 6 October 2010

Facebook is great!

And I'll bet that Kirsten would never have though she would hear me say that!

I was having a good old nosey through Facebook last night when I saw that Alex had liked Art Exchange Studios so I went to have a look. It turns out that they are taking over the LET shop in Burnley for 4 weeks and were looking for people to come and fill their walls with artwork etc to make the shop look more colourful etc. So to cut a long story short I was there this morning handing over some of my mixed media artwork (and chickens of course) to be put onto the walls. Want to see?










If you happen to be in Burnley then the shop is opposite McDonalds near to the bandstand (it's the old car shop) There are lots of activities going on over the next 4 weeks and there are activities for kids in half term too - you can see all the events here. And while I was there I had a good chat and had my hand painted with henna.
Isn't it fab? I'll link to the lovely lady who did it when I find her on Facebook!

The power of Facebook eh?!

4 comments:

WendyCarole said...

great art work and love your hennaed hand

Tip Top said...

Fab! I had my hands henna'd about 20 years ago (eek) and I loved it!

Daisie said...

Glad you've been down, thought you a;ready knew about artex, have been involved for a while, am doing a workshop during half term for small people, glad something nice is there on the walls! x

outofthedark said...

how have i missed your blog for all this time? so glad i found it!